Saturday, September 3, 2011

Obsessions!!!

Colors, stores, people, movies, food- obsessions come in all varieties, but I'm beginning to think mine are a little odd. Allow me to elaborate...

I'm brainstorming for a wedding I'm designing when I realize that my obsessions are resurfacing...AGAIN!! What are they you ask? While I am definitely obsessed with food (especially that of the Southern persuasion- YUM!) the others aren't quite so typical.

Drum roll please...

I, Kristen King, am OBSESSED with mason jars, burlap and brown paper bags.

They say admitting the problem is the first step to recovery...right?!

Mason jars = my favorite thing EVER! I mean what else can you drink from, use as a vase, hang for a lantern and store homemade goodies in?! As far as I'm concerned, it's be best thing since sliced bread. No question.

As for the brown paper bag, it's mainly a color thing for me. I love-Love-LOVE the color of a paper grocery sack! I love it so much I took one with me when picking out my wedding invitations, bridesmaids dresses and paint for my house! Seriously, they are all a perfect match to a brown paper bag. (Not normal, right?!)

I think my burlap fetish was fueled by my brown paper bag obsession. Of course the color is PERFECT! Not only that, I love the smell, texture and 101 ways you can use it. Curtains, slipcovers, Christmas tree skirts, table toppers, wrapping paper, pottery molds- the list could go on forever!

Now that I'm thinking about it, my obsessions have been the inspiration behind some of my most meaningful and creative event designs. You can definitely see a little bit of me in each of my events. I can't wait to see what I come up with for this wedding! It's going to be so much fun!

Did I mention the wedding is in a barn? I'm sensing a fourth obsession...

No comments: